How Reviews Work on Zocdoc
Reviews on Zocdoc are different than on other sites. Read on to learn more about our 5 Star approach to doctor reviews.
Doctor reviews are an incredibly important part of your healthcare experience, which is why we take them so seriously. We’re dedicated to showing you feedback from verified patients that is both informative and trustworthy! But what makes the reviews on Zocdoc better than the rest? And how can you write powerful reviews that other patients read? Check out the answers to your questions below!
Frequently Asked Questions
All of the reviews on Zocdoc have been submitted by patients after seeing the provider. We show two types of feedback: Zocdoc Patient Reviews and Partner Reviews. Our goal is to enable reviews that are fair, accurate, and trustworthy. Two things set these reviews apart from others:
- Our reviews come from real patients, collected through closed-loop systems. There’s a huge difference between open-loop and closed-loop review systems. In an open-loop system, reviews can be written by anyone such as people who’ve never actually seen the doctor, or even by the doctors’ office staff themselves! Zocdoc uses a closed-loop system, which means every review is written by an actual patient only after their appointment.
- We show more representative feedback. We solicit reviews after each and every appointment, which generates a higher volume of reviews and means not only the extremely happy/unhappy outliers proactively leave reviews. This results in a more representative sample of patient feedback (good, bad, and in between) to help you find the right doctor. As part of our effort to provide you with even more representative information from a variety of patients (including those who don’t book through Zocdoc), we include Partner Reviews for some doctors. These reviews are collected by independent patient satisfaction survey providers (like Press Ganey), who also take steps to only solicit reviews from real patients. See below to learn more about our Partner Reviews.
After each Zocdoc appointment, we ask for feedback from the patient about his or her experience. Following a moderation process, we share these reviews to help other patients find the provider they need. Zocdoc Patient Reviews are shown alongside Partner Reviews, which are collected by independent patient satisfaction survey providers.
As part of our efforts to provide you with even more representative information from a variety of patients, we include Partner Reviews for some doctors. These reviews are collected by independent third-party survey providers (like Press Ganey), who specialize in patient feedback and take steps to only solicit reviews from real patients. Partner Reviews are clearly designated with their source, and we moderate all Partner Reviews for compliance with Zocdoc guidelines.
After you attend an appointment, you’ll receive an email from us asking for feedback. Just follow that link to review your doctor! You don’t need to wait for the email, though. You can always sign into your Zocdoc account and click “Leave Feedback” for any healthcare provider on your medical team.
Absolutely not! We want to create a useful, representative and reliable resource that you can depend on. That means we post positive reviews, negative reviews, and everything in between.
Yes, we have an entire team dedicated to examining all reviews (including Zocdoc Patient Reviews and Partner Reviews) for compliance with our guidelines!
We’ll publish any review that adheres to our guidelines! Just make sure to avoid the following:
- Profanity: We won’t publish anything profane, vulgar, or otherwise offensive.
- Personal information: We take your privacy seriously! We won’t post reviews that include personally identifiable information such as your full name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Pricing specifics: It’s fine to state your opinion of whether a doctor’s service came at a good price, but we won’t publish pricing specifics. These comments tend to reflect more on insurance providers than physicians.
- Accuracy of treatment or diagnosis: We encourage you to describe your feelings about the doctor’s treatment of you as a patient, but we don’t publish claims about the accuracy of a practitioner’s treatment and diagnosis. Those are factual matters, and to verify them would require extensive medical studies.
- Promotional content: We want our reviews to be as relevant as possible, so we don’t post reviews that promote an unrelated website, product, topic, or other item that is unrelated to the patient experience.
We care about you, and we want you to have the great healthcare experience you deserve! We moderate our reviews to ensure that we’re building a trustworthy, representative, reliable review system which is helpful to doctors and patients alike.
A real, live person moderates our reviews, so it can sometimes take up to a day. Thanks for being patient! Keep in mind that some providers have chosen not to display their reviews on Zocdoc. Don’t let this stop you from leaving feedback – we read each and every review, and we want to hear about your experience!
- Keep it relevant: Include the key points that you as a patient would be most interested in reading.
- Ask yourself: Would I see this doctor again? Answering this question in your review is one of the best ways that other patients can gauge your overall sentiment about the practitioner.
- Consider the length: A short paragraph or two works great. Just make sure it’s easy for other patients to read!
- Be specific: In addition to stating how you feel about your experience with the doctor, include why you feel that way. Specific descriptions of your experience help paint a clearer picture.
- Include details: Try to include any details that you think may be useful to another patient. For example, whether or not the office validates parking, whether it is located close to public transportation, and whether or not the office accepts credit cards are all great tips for future patients!